Photo courtesy by Morgan Tarpley of The Jena Times
Building Permit Information:
Building permits are required and may be obtained by
contacting the Town Clerk, Cory Floyd at the Town
Anyone inside the town limits who is planning any type of
construction, moving a manufactured home or any other structure on their property,
adding on or remodeling, needs to obtain a permit.
Requirements for Obtaining a Residential Permit
Building Permit Online Tools
•Residential and Commercial Fee
- Visit the Jena Town Hall to see what, if any prior approvals and local permits are required
before construction can begin.
(ex. flood zone, zoning requirements, sewer approval)
- After the application has been filled out completely, return the construction application along with
one set of construction drawings to the municipality. Engineered drawings are required for
structural steel construction or any construction outside the scope of the 2006 IRC only. ($200 plan
review fee due at this time).
See the Minimum
Residential Plan Submittal Requirement sheet.
- The code official and inspectors will review the application and drawings for code compliance. If
any more information is required, the inspector will contact you.
- The code official or inspector will contact you when the application/permit is approved and ready
to be picked up. All permit/inspection fees are due at this time. See the Residential and Commercial Fee Schedule
- You are now ready to start construction. Visit Rapides Parish Planning Commision for helpful inspection videos, diagrams and guidelines.
- Please request inspections 24 hours in advance. Inspection requests can either be phoned or faxed
into the office. At each inspection, the inspector will leave an inspection notice and sticker
notifying you of the result of the inspection. Once an inspection has been approved, you may
move onto the next phase.
See the Residential Inspection Guidelines
- When all final inspections have been
approved, a certificate of occupancy will be signed and sent to
you from the building official.
Plan Review Pricing